When choosing a watch, we often ask the same question: which bracelet will be more convenient and practical? The modern market offers models on steel, rubber, fabric, plastic, leather, and gold. You will also come across some made of wood.
Kate Wood Originals has the best Wood Watches For Females. You should choose the best material for your watch. If the choice between plastic and gold is a choice of status and value, it is not always easy to decide between samples with a stainless steel strap and a leather bracelet.
Leather watches are quite common and preferred by most people out there. In this article, we will look at a few things about leather watches.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Leather Strap in a Watch
- light weight that does not weigh down the wrist;
- pleasant to the touch texture that does not freeze with metallic cold in winter;
- the uniqueness of each strap, dictated by the uniqueness of each piece of genuine leather: in nature, no pattern is repeated;
- stylish appearance: leather bracelets are most often used in luxury models. Headbands made of shark, alligator, and crocodile skin look prestigious;
- practicality: such belts are best suited for everyday use;
- the presence of a large assortment of colors and textures.
- the need to periodically replace the bracelet due to erasing the texture;
- relatively short service life: from 1 to 5 years. Metal bracelets last up to 20 years.
- a leather belt cannot be repaired: if it is worn out or torn, you will have to buy a new one.
Combination With Different Styles of Clothing
What clothes are best suited for leather watches? Let’s start with the fact that leather bracelets are not very good companions for diving watches. Modern technologies cover the skin with several mixtures and give them different treatments that make the skin water-repellent. Still, divers and scuba divers prefer rubber rims. Due to the sweating in sports, leather straps are not very popular in sports models used by professional athletes. All other styles of wrist mechanisms look great with a genuine leather bracelet.
Leather Strap: Care Secrets
- Clean the watch strap with warm water, diluted liquid soap, and a drop of alcohol. Then rinse in clean water and allow to dry naturally.
- The light bracelet can be wiped with a mixture of milk and egg white. Be sure to rinse after cleaning.
- Stubborn dirt can be washed off with a thick mixture of baking soda and water. Just don’t rub. Apply to the bracelet and leave it on for a while, then rinse.
How about you get a leather watch and enjoy the benefits.